Emails can be overwhelming. Replying requests, answering clients’ and partners questions takes a lot of time and effort. Sometimes emails take so much time that it seems that you have no time for anything else, especially planning, creating and developing your tasks or company. That is exactly why it is a great idea to delegate your emails to an assistant or give permission to your mailbox to someone else e.g an assistant. Free yourself from answering emails and make someone do it for you!
Delegating your email or giving permission to your mailbox is not the same as giving your email passwords to someone. There is one person that administers the email and can choose which permissions to give the other user. Therefore, you will be always in charge of your email and can choose what actions other users can do with the emails. For example, in Outlook you can choose an option that another user can only read your emails but not answer them.
It is very easy to check the assistant’s work in your mailbox since all correspondence is right before your eyes. You can read the emails sent and received anytime you wish. The assistant can write emails on behalf of you, add his/her own name in the signature or even forward the emails to his/her email and then answer from there – whichever option is best for you.
Below we will instruct setting up mailbox sharing for three biggest email providers.
Gmail allows to delegate other users to read, send and delete messages on your behalf. Note that the other user cannot change passwords or chatin Gmail.
Check out this simple video explanation for how delegating email in Google works:
GSuite admin has to first allow delegating for other users:
1. Sign in to Google Admin Console with your admin account
2. Go to “Apps” > “GSuite”> “Gmail” > “User Settings”
3. Select the organization unit to turn on mail delegation
4. Next to “Mail delegation” check the “Let Users delegate access to their mailbox” to other users in the domain box. Specify what sender information is included in the email header of messages sent by delegates.
If you are using GSuite (not a private email) you can only delegate your emails to another user in your GSuite. So you might have to make a new email for the assistant first. Read more about adding users in GSuite.
Then the user has to set up delegation from his/her email (this can be also done in your private mailbox):
1. Go to “Email settings”, choose “Usersettings”
2. Find: “Grant access to your account”, “Add another account”: insert the email address of the person who you want to access your email. Be aware that the user you grant access to, has to have a Gmail account.
3. The user you have granted access to will get an email invitation from Google.
4. The user you have granted access to will accept the invitation and can now access your email.
Read more about delegating emails in Gmail: https://support.google.com/a/answer/7223765?hl=en
Outlook gives the admin a variety of options for what permissions they want to give the other user. You can give a permission for only reading the email or both reading and writing emails. But it also provides the option to send emails on behalf of another mailbox. That means that you can send an email from your mailbox but it looks like it would have been sent from another email. Be aware, that once you have set up the permissions, it can take up to 60 minutes for the changes to come in effect.
NB! To give an user permissions to read/read and write emails he or she first needs and Outlook email account in your organization: How to add users in Office 365.
1. In the admin centre, go to “Users” > “Active Users”
2. Select the name of the user to give permissions to and open their “Properties” pane
3. On the “Mail” tab, select “Manage mailbox permissions”.
4. Next to “Send as”, select “Edit”.
5. Select “Add permissions”, then choose the name of the person who you want this user to be able to send email as.
Zone does not offer an option to delegate emails or share permissions to a mailbox but it offers unlimited mailboxes to it clients. Setting up a new email is very easy and for free, so you can easily make your assistant a new email that all your emails get automatically forwarded to (with a copy to you, if you wish). If you do not wish to add the assistant’s name, you can also make an email with a pseudonym or just orders@..., sales@..., secretary@... etc.
To set up an email log into MyZone, on the service overview page click on “Email” and then choose “Create a new email account”,add a name and choose “Create”. Anew window will appear where you can create the new email. To forward your email to another account log in to your email, choose "Settings">"Forwarding".
You can read more about forwarding your email from: https://help.zone.eu/en/kb/setting-up-the-e-mail-account-forwarding-in-zone-webmail/
You can read more about setting up a new mailbox from: https://help.zone.eu/en/kb/creating-an-email-account/
Do you need someone to answer your emails for you? Having trouble with setting up the permissions? Contact us and we will help: email@example.com!